Thursday, July 2, 2009

In EL POLVO!!!

Well, well, well!!! I am in Pasaquina right now which is the adjoining town to El Polvo. It is so so nice. I just purchased a hammock to sleep in (did i mention we dont sleep in beds we sleep on hammocks... super cool!!!). Last night I tried pupusas for the first time (pupusas are really traditional El Salvadorian food), and they were delicious. Sandra and Oscar´s aunt made them. I also met some of the community there and they were super nice and welcoming.

I am going to the Community Clinic tomorrow to talk to the practitioners there and see what kind of a help I can be. I might follow around a ¨comadrona¨which is a midwife... and also something I am extremely interested in! I might help do a census to figure out if there is need for a clinic in El Polvo.

In the community I am in, everyone has a nickname. Oscar´s nickname is ¨Quemaranchos¨which means ¨he who burns ranches¨because when he was really young he accidently set fire to his aunts house... or something like that. I hope I get a nickname... but I also hope that it isn´t too brutal... aparently they have some mean ones too.. :)

I cannot wait to post pictures.. I want yall to see Sandra and Oscar, and the birds!!! I forgot my chord to connect my camera to the computer! soooooryyy! but look forward to more pictures of El Salvador soooooon!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment