Monday, July 6, 2009

I love this place!








Well, I haven't added images for a while! So! The first night Jess and I were in El Salvador we stayed at Oscar and Sandra's aunt's house, here is a picture of their back yard and some plants in it! It is a super nice place! They have some of the most beautiful plants I have ever seen! 





















The auntie was taking care of Oscars pet Amazon Parrot named Laurie and here she and I are, we are now BFFs.











NOW! I want yall to be introduced to who I am with in this grand adventure! This is Sandra Cornejo! She and her brother Oscar were born in Northern Virginia and their parents were born in El Salvador. Their mom grew up in the town we are staying in. It seem
s like they are related to almost everyone, everytime someone comes over they are like, oh, this is my aunt, or she is married to my uncle! PS. Sandra is a painter!
















The next lovely lady on this trip is Jess. She is also a painter and we are BFFs. We work together and have known eachother for like 7 or 8 years because of climbing!











Oscar! He has the most experience in El Salvador than us girls and is very helpful! He has been working tirelessly to make this experience possible and fun. 
















One person I have yet to mention is Cion (pronounced chaun, it is a shortening of a nickname Acencion). He is Oscar's and Sandra's uncle. He is from grew up in El Polvo and knows all the people there. He helps us with our goals and also helps us with knowing what is safe and unsafe, what is considered rude, and anything we don't know or don't know how to do. When we went to the market to buy my hammock he came to make sure we got a fair price. Super nice. The quiet type!





All these photos have been from the ride from San Salvador to El Polve (except for Cion's). 


but as you can tell, we are already making friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment